Moving

Life has been really hard and scary for the last two months. Two months ago the owner of our rental home changed companies. With this new change, they kept upping the amount of our rent. Every few days it was a higher number. It was going up another hundred every couple of days. Then the rental company contacted us saying that the owner no longer wanted month-to-month tenants and we had to either sign a new lease or move out before June 1st. We had finished our lease in January and had planned on only being month to month because we don't love our rental.

Our hands got forced when they said we only had a few days to decide what to do. We weren't in a financial state where moving was a good idea. That's why we stayed where we were even though we didn't like it. Matt has been unemployed for 10 months now. It's hard to move out with that kind of income. We prayed a lot about what to do. Man, how we did pray. It was such a difficult decision. We came to the decision to move. That was really hard to do with what we could see but God told us in different ways that we would be okay to move. It was our decision but we felt that choosing to move would ultimately be a blessing. We told the company that we were going to move.

Fast forward to today. We have spent the last eight weeks being stressed out of our minds. No real income and nowhere to move to. Housing has gotten really expensive here and that has only added to our stress. It's been hard to pack not knowing where we could go and it's been scary to know what we should do. Our plans change on a daily basis. It's really hard to know what to plan for when there is nothing that we can see.

It's been really hard. It's been really scary. God keeps telling me it will be okay but it is so hard to hold on to that. He has been by our side helping us make decisions. I keep inviting him to be by my side because I can't do this without divine guidance. I need and want God in my life. I want his influence on me. I can't see anything in front of me but he can.

At some point this last week as June 1st has kept coming closer I realized how dependent we are upon God. All the good things in my life have come because I have let him lead me. I wouldn't have anything without him. He leads my life and helps me have good things in it.  I am scared but I'm trying to let the one who brings goodness into my life to lead me along. We'll see what happens. Today we are moving out. We are staying with our parents as we sort out what to do from here. It's not the plan I was hoping for but I am trying to trust that we will be led to greater things. Trying is the keyword. 

Comments